Low Carb Tortillas Chips are quick and easy baked, grain free chips made with only 5 ingredients! A simple healthy tortilla chips recipe made with only almond meal, chia seeds and olive oil.
These are life changing chips,100 % grain-free, Paleo and Vegan.
- 1 tablespoon black chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup almond meal/almond flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- In a small bowl add the chia seeds and water. Stir with a spoon to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes or until a gel-like texture forms.
- In another large mixing bowl, add almond meal, olive oil, spices and the chia seed gel created above.
- Knead dough by hands, squeezing the mixing between your finger to incorporate the chia gel into the almond meal until it forms a dough.
- Place the dough ball between two pieces of parchment paper, and roll out with a rolling pin as thinly as possible.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper, cut out tortillas chips using a pizza cutter or sharp knife. To make triangle chips (tortillas shapes), simply place a round shape on top of the rolled dough. Cut around the lid, remove the dough outside of the lid - keep it for later to roll again and make more chips! You should end up with a circle of rolled dough. Then, using the pizza cutter cut triangle as you will cut a round cake.
- Move the dough with parchment paper onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 6 minutes, check the color and stop baking as soon as you reach a golden brown color.
Serve with your favourite cheeses, cold meats, pesto or guacamole and enjoy!