Want help to get on track or have an existing health condition and not sure if Keto is right for you?
We offer a one on one personalised experience to kickstart your journey to a better lifestyle
Simply click on one of the packages below to learn more
Liz Ford is a New Zealand Registered Dietitian with around 35 years of experience specializing in complex lifestyle conditions such as diabetes, IBS and many other inflammatory conditions. Although prior to learning about low carb high fat she was teaching the standard nutrition guidelines, her curiosity and passion for learning has seen her complete training under the 'Noaks Foundation' in South Africa and is therefore one of only a small handful of dietitians throughout the world recognised as an expert in Keto and LCHF.
Low carb and Ketogenic diets have caused a lot of controversy over the past 10-20 years. In the past few years, there have been many well-designed studies which show this way of eating is safe and effective for many health conditions.
Surprisingly, this way of eating improves most health risk factors and in general, the body works more efficiently.
Low carb and keto diets have been proven to:
- Reduce appetite
- Enable increased and more efficient weight loss (Body Fat Loss) compared with low-fat high carb eating plans (standard Western Diet) along with the added benefit of being muscle sparing. Meaning you lose body fat while preserving muscle mass!
- Enable easier fat loss from the abdominal area and reduced visceral fat
- Reduce triglyceride levels
- Increased HDL levels (Good Cholesterol)
- Reduce blood glucose levels, reduce insulin levels and insulin resistance
- Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
- Calm your gut
- Decrease or remove migraines
- Control epilepsy
- Reduce blood pressure
- Improve energy levels and increase endurance
- Help in treating some cancers
- Improve skin condition and clarity
- Reduce inflammation and joint/muscle pains
Eating low carb, high fat or Keto means you will be eating mainly whole, unprocessed foods. It includes a moderate amount of protein, lots of unprocessed fats and lots of vegetables.
This way of eating is fast becoming more popular as people discover the benefits to their health and general well-being.
More supporting research is becoming available from around the world as health care professionals recognize and become more accepting of the new approach to healthy eating.
Your appointment could be covered by Insurance. Nutrition services provided by a NZ Registered Dietitian may be eligible under some private health insurance policies. Please contact your insurer to check. You will need to purchase your package first and then claim back through you respective insurance company.
If you are unable to attend or need to change your appointment, please contact us with at atleast 48 hours notice so we can reschedule.
Failure to attend (as arranged) or reschedule will mean you forfeit that appointment from your package.
Package appointments must be used within a 10-month time period.